Thursday 9 September 2010

ANALYSING (LISA MITCHELL- CLEAN WHITE LOVE)

I am going to analyse parts of the music video by "Lisa Mitchell- Clean White Love". I will take aspects for the music video of which inspires me and leads me to making my own ideas.
The first convention of this video that catches my eye is the colours that are used through the entire video. Although the colours catch the audiences eye because they are so bright, they more chalk like and pail. I would like to use this in my music video as i see that as quite old school and vintage. The clothes worn in the video are also very vintage style, nearly 80's style. I also love this as it goes with the music. The clothing colours are also plain because it fits the trend of the video. The first shot is of a paper sign with a drawn on, red heart on showing someone is missing. The young gril is stood on a train platform. There is then an action shot of a very old red leather suitcase with the girls friends running towards it with the suitcase being the focal point. This shot shows that they are going away somewhere. The next location is the girl and her friends on the train playing and chatting sitting around a table. The scenery is showing from the window behind them and then it quickly changes to the whole scenery being shown as if you were looking out of the window at it. This is known as a point of view shot. They are playing cards and laughing and messing around which shows that they are having fun and this is a good and happy music video. They then walk across the train track in a straight line which looks good as they have their different coloured umbrellas up and you see it from an ariel shot. This is a generally fun video. Later on they have a fight with leaves and through around things in the woods. I love this idea as it shows they are enjoying themselves and makes the audience feel they are having fun with them. I would like to take aspects from this video as it is very similar music to the music we will be using. I also like the colours and the vintage feel to the story and the fun narrative that we get to see and enjoy. I would like the audience to feel as though they are joining in with the fun. To do this we will need to find someone who is willing to act as the main part and would fit the part perfectly.

This is the different screen shots of the music video i have analysed. This is a variety of the different shots they used in the video. I thought buy screen shotting the shots would allow me to see how the music videos would show emotion. In this slideshow, it also shows the colours and the costumes that the characters and the style we would like to be influenced by.

No comments:

Post a Comment