Friday 29 April 2011

AUDIENCE FEEDBACK.

'What have you learnt from your audience feedback?'


The audience have been a huge help through out the production of this project as they have been giving me feedback throughout the filming and editing process.
As I have been producing the music video, I had a lot of feedback and comments from my class mates about how it could be improved. I was told by one that I needed a wider range of shots, so I went out and re filmed some footage and added it into the music video. This was quite early on into the editing process so I was able to do this easily as I had a lot of time. I then went back and asked for some more feedback on my music video. This time, I was told that the performance shots lasted to long through the first part of video so I had to cut into the shots more often. They felt that it dragged on because of this. Therefore, I went out and retook some more performance shots using the studio this time as the weather was getting worse and I was not able to re take the shots done when the weather was good. I did look into some music videos that did have these sort of shots including a Lisa Mitchell one. I noted down what shots were used in the performance scenes and used some of these in my work when filming.

When completing the music video, I created a Youtube account and uploaded it to youtube asking for comments and feedback about the video. I got a few comments back. We both asked for feedback using social netwroking sites such as Facebook, Youtube and Tumblr. I also asked people within the school to come and take a look and give us some feedback.
Most of the feedback that we had back for our video was very useful to me as I found out what may target audience thought of my work. Some people commented and gave us ideas that we could have added into our music video.This person on the top line said that we should have used faster paced shots but to fit with the conventions of our genre, slower changes of shots is what makes the video more calmer and emotional which is what we were trying to achieve when producing it. Therefore, we could not change this without changing the emotional side of the song.This is a more positive feedback. They found the autumn location was very powerful and sets the genre very well. They also like the selection of shots and said that it does not over power the song.This person commented on the very last shot that was used within the video. I also agree with this. I feel that it makes the video more effective but also very personal towards the audience.This is another idea that we were given.


Feedback


I also asked people within our college to give us some feedback on our ancillary. Most of the feedback that we had from people was positive. Our audience liked the way I had brightened up the images and used a theme of paint splatter all the way through. Another person said they liked the fact that there was a comment page of the single as this would prove to the audience that it would be worth purchasing. They agreed they would buy this if seen on iTunes or in a shop such as HMV. The powerpoint above shows the changes i made to the front CD cover because of the feedback people had given me throughout the process.

Poster Feedback

The poster also got a lot of positive feedback, but there was a few people who felt it should link to the CD digipack a bit more as the poster is dark and does not create a link at all. Some people commented on the graphics of the poster and said that they found that is what caught thier eye. The title was very contrasted from the rest of the poster which they felt was the main aspect of the poster that stood out. The last peice of feedback I had on this was that the image is very dark up to the CD cover and they feel that it should be bright like the CD cover. SSo i took the time to re create the poster in a more suitable way for the audience. I also felt like the poster wasnt up to the standard of the CD cover so i decided to use the feedback my audience gave me and develop it into a poster that doesnt only promote the single, but to also show connections with the CD cover and the music video itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment